About grow platform, the Bosch Incubator
Since 1886, Bosch products and services are designed to spark enthusiasm, improve quality of life, and help conserve natural resources.
At grow platform, we aim to secure the future of Bosch by ensuring its strong and meaningful development, as well as the financial independence. As Bosch incubator, we act as venture capitalist as well as a venture builder to foster internally developed digital business model innovations.
At a glance: grow platform, the Bosch incubator
Ownership, portfolio data, intrapreneurs — key figures at a glance (as of April 2023)
fully owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH
85% portfolio growth
generated overall (compared to business year 2022)
9 business innovations
are currently part of the global portfolio
are pioneering towards the next business breakthrough
8 innovation hubs
across America, Europe Middle East Africa, and Asia-Pacific
What we do
At grow platform, we finance and scale digital business model innovations originating within Bosch Corporate Research, our business divisions, or regional entities.
As part of our portfolio, funded start-ups receive tailored support from our platform functions, access to resources, Bosch R&D and key partners.
With a global footprint and locations spread over five continents, we are able to access every key market worldwide. Therefore, we are able to scale regional business models quickly and globally, taking into account country-, target group- and culture-specific aspects.
What we are striving for
We are thinking beyond. We shape change and seize the opportunities it brings, especially in the emerging fields of the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence.
As the Bosch Incubator, we play a crucial role in the global innovation and technology landscape. We focus specifically on new innovations that go beyond the core and adjacent business areas of our Bosch divisions.
We are fully committed to the Bosch corporate strategy and aim to contribute to its digital transformation and vision to become a leading high-tech AIoT company. When Artificial Intelligence (AI) meets the Internet of Things (IoT), the result is countless new possibilities for us at home, at work, and on the road. At Bosch, we call this the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT).
Where we are coming from
- Bosch created New Business Teams in Brazil and China to accelerate new business innovations.
- The Bosch internal initiative RADAR from the United States, New Business Teams from India, and the Robert Bosch Start-up Platform (later renamed grow platform) from Germany followed the mission.
- Additional initiatives from Japan called FUJI as well as the German program CERES kicked-off their activities.
- grow platform, A Bosch Company combines all six Innovation Hubs into one global network with common objectives and strategy.
- The ASEAN region, headquartered in Singapore, Bosch Africa with two locations in Kenya and South Africa as well as the Middle East joined the grow platform network.
- Coming out of the Bosch North America's business development department, the respective region officially opens their grow platform Innovation Hub North America.
Get in touch with grow platform
We look forward to your inquiry.